Take a class
The Lab at OPM’s educational offerings in human-centered design provide individuals, teams, and agencies several options for growth and development. You can choose from a range of formats from a week-long total immersion Design School to shorter-form options. Classes typically occur at the Lab but we can customize them to meet the needs of your organization.
Fulfilling our mission to bring human-centered design to government at scale, our curriculum expanded in 2018 with eight new single-day topic-specific classes. These new classes bring key aspects of design practice, process, methods and theory to broad audiences. They cover a range of topics associated with problem-solving, creative thinking, and communication.
2020 Open Enrollment Class Schedule
The classes below are now open for registration. In addition to our open enrollment classes, we also offer custom classes and workshops. More classes may be announced as scheduled. To receive our full services catalog, inquire about custom options for your agency, or let us know about an open enrollment class you'd like to take in your city, contact us at email@example.com.
- June 16: Problem-Framing for Solution-Finding | Enroll
- June 18: Constructive Critique | Enroll
- July 20–24: Design School | Enroll
- August 11–13: Fundamentals of Human-Centered Design | Enroll
- September 22–24: Fundamentals of Human-Centered Design | Enroll
New York City
- August 4–6: Fundamentals of Human-Centered Design | Enroll
- September 15: Design for Visual Communication | Enroll
- September 16: Visualizing Systems | Enroll
- September 17: Participatory Design | Enroll