As part of the Federal Executive Institute within the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), The Lab is both a practice and a space that fosters innovation through human-centered design. Our goal is to teach human-centered design across the Federal Government and to help deliver innovative solutions that address complex public and cross-sector challenges. The Lab brings together a unique combination of private sector fellows, public servants, and students who work collaboratively on complex cross-sector challenges to design based on the needs of those we serve.
Measuring what matters
We rigorously use both quantitative and qualitative data to measure our work. Here’s how our work stacks up so far:
- 2000+ government employees taught human-centered design at the Lab
- 30+ Departments/Agencies impacted
- 20+ articles regarding The Lab
- 19 Federal clients who received custom workshops or trainings in 2015
- 1st Place winner in the Design Management Institute’s 2015 Design Value Awards